Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Hearts Are Floating For...A Funny Thing Happened...

....I learned how to do floral arrangements! So back in college, our career services department had us all take an assessment test to find out what may be a promising job field that matched our skills and interests. My results came back as "Florist". I should have listened because I got the opportunity to help do all the centerpieces for the Metropolitan Ensemble Theatre's annual gala and I loved every moment. I now know how to use an oasis and build up from the greens to the flowers to the accents. The theme was Roman in celebration of the performance of "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum". I wasn't able to attend the gala but I spent most of Friday helping to prepare. Armed with a diet cherry coke from Sonic, the set up of the centerpieces all went very smoothly, minus the glass strewn floor after a votive mishap (sorry Hobby Lobby).


Completed centerpieces...ready for transport!


Centerpiece, rose petals, and votives


Large arrangement for the piano
(This was not my doing although I watched carefully!)


Part of the room...before the guest arrivals!

No comments:

Post a Comment