Monday, February 6, 2012

Hearts Are Floating For...Bed, Bath & Beyond...If We Have Time

Saturday was a blur of shopping for our new apartment. It's amazing how many things I managed to leave behind (or opted not to take) that are really needed to function. After six hours, and about six stores (minus a lunch and coffee break) I was able to round up quite a few things that I am happy with.

First stop, Z Gallerie. I didn't fall in love with any of the furniture but I have my eye on bedding and a print of Boston that will remind me of home. In the end, I walked out empty handed.

Crate and Barrel - Lots of pacing, indecision and fretting over furniture. Turns out that it takes on average 8-10 weeks for delivery of a couch. Not a problem if you are upgrading. Big problem when you have nothing to sit on. More to come on this soon.

Potterybarn - Same pacing and fretting. Bill fell in love with the Manhattan chair and I've always wanted a leather piece for the living room but the big question is....will the cats destroy it? What do you think?

Williams-Sonoma - I had a gift card so I splurged on my first real kitchen knife and a cutting board. Look out...I'm armed and dangerous.




Bed Bath and Beyond - The spot for all the mundane things needed: shower liner and hooks, a utensil organizer, and trash cans. I also had a slight meltdown when Bill insisted we buy a bath rug that looked like it belonged in grandma Ethel's house. P.S. I won. See below.



My sleek and pretty trash can. Much nicer than the bag that's been sitting on the kitchen floor.


Restoration Hardware - We were greeted at the door with a friendly sales associate that informed us that they were having a bath sale and specifically mentioned that bath mats were 25% off. Oh, really? This is where I won. No granny accessories here. Just this:


Plush Pile Rug (It's ridiculously soft.)

1 comment:

  1. how awesome, great inspiration, loving your blog!!
    keep it up, and i'll keep coming back!

    -COSMICaroline
    www.COSMICaroline.com

    ReplyDelete