Monday, March 12, 2012

Hearts Are Floating For...Team Spirit

This weekend's plans didn't go as expected, but in the end, it turned out better than my original ideas. (Except for the nasty migraine that kept me on the couch buried under my blanket on Friday night.) By Saturday morning I was recovered and after sleeping in and a good session at the gym, I was ready for fun. As I mentioned in my previous post, the Big 12 College Basketball games were in town and I figured if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. And since all the festivities were being held just a few short blocks from where I live, I was curious to see what all the fuss was about. (P.S. I still don't get it but have come to the conclusion that girls like me who attended small, private, preppy liberal arts colleges in New England are not meant to understand.)


One of many keg deliveries being made to local restaurants and bars.


The Sprint Center with celebratory tents in the streets.


We had a few drinks at Bar Louie and watched the game on TV.


Before the crowds let out of the Sprint Center, we dashed down to Nara. We got a table just in time and ended the night with sushi and wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment