Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Hearts Are Floating For...Merch For A Mockingjay

WARNING: THIS POST CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR ALL 3 BOOKS

The amount of merchandise available for The Hunger Games trilogy is a bit overwhelming. Unfortunately, most of it is better suited for the Toys R Us target audience. Although I would be thrilled to have both a Katniss and Peeta doll (no judging), I've been on the hunt for items that are more appropriate for those over 12 years old.



"Cinna does my hair in my simple trademark braid down my back. Then the clothes arrive, the same for every tribute. Cinna has had no say in my outfit, does not even know what will be in the package, but he helps me dress in the undergarments, simple tawny pants, light green blouse, sturdy brown belt, and thin, hooded black jacket that falls to my thighs. 'The material in the jacket's designed to reflect body heat. Expect some cool nights', he says." - The Hunger Games


Mockingjay Painted TOMS  (I LOVE these!)

"When I hear the screams of the crowd, I think it's because I must look stunning....Charred bits of black silk swirl into the air, and pearls clatter to the stage...I'm in a dress of the exact design of my wedding dress, only it's the color of coal and made of tiny feathers...Cinna has turned me into a mockingjay...the mockingjay isn't just my token...it's come to symbolize so much more...Something terribly dangerous. An act of rebellion in itself." - Catching Fire


Real or Not Real Keychain (I have to have this if anyone feels inclined to buy me a gift!)

"What I need is the dandelion in the spring. The bright yellow that means rebirth instead of destruction. The promise that life can go on, no matter how bad our losses. That it can be good again. And only Peeta can give me that. So after, when he whispers, 'You love me. Real or not real?' I tell him, 'Real'." - Mockingjay 

No comments:

Post a Comment