Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Hearts Are Floating For...Summer Skies



Last night's sunset was one of the most beautiful I've ever seen. These pictures don't do it justice but the sky was a rainbow of shades of orange into pink, blue, gray, and black.

And now the obligatory quote from Catching Fire just because it's my favorite book.

"So what's wrong?" he asks.
I can't tell him. I pick at the clump of weeds.
"Let's start with something more basic. Isn't it strange that I know you'd risk your life to save mine...but I don't know what your favorite color is?" he says.
A smile creeps onto my lips. "Green. What's yours?"
"Orange," he says.
"Orange? Like Effie's hair?" I say.
"A bit more muted," he says. "More like...sunset."
Sunset. I can see it immediately, the rim of the descending sun, the sky streaked with soft shades of orange. Beautiful.

~ Katniss and Peeta, Catching Fire, Chapter 4, Page 52

No comments:

Post a Comment