Sunday, September 16, 2012

Hearts Are Floating For...Aquinnah - Martha's Vineyard


I feel like every time I go to Martha's Vineyard I take this same picture of the cliffs in Aquinnah. It's beauty never gets old. I also never tire of visiting the island even though I go several times a year. There is just something about it that makes me feel like I'm a million miles from civilization. Maybe it's the fact that you have to take a ferry or that there is not one traffic light or chain store/restaurant that makes it peaceful and recharges my well-being.


The Ashley Inn - Our home for the first two nights before we moved to the cottage with the whole family.


L'etoile - A favorite place for dinner.


Newes From America where we can often be found each night. It's mandatory that I stop in for a Blueberry Ale and then awkwardly try to get the blueberries out of the bottom of my empty glass.


Days were spent on the beach reading and napping. I read On the Island by Tracey Garvis-Graves. Go read this book now! And keep a box of tissues nearby!


Billy in Menemsha.


Playing on the beach at sunset.


Menemsha Village - Where scenes from Jaws were filmed.


Double rainbow on our last day.

No comments:

Post a Comment