Saturday, September 22, 2012

Hearts Are Floating For...Fall

HAPPY AUTUMNAL EQUINOX!



Today marks the beginning of my favorite time of year. Although the forecast shows temperatures in the 80s, I will do my best to celebrate the season with all things leaves and pumpkins. Here are a few things I'm looking forward to.

* Being in a new city this year, I plan to venture out into the farmlands of Kansas in search of apple orchards and pumpkin patches.

* Baking pies...I have yet to learn how to make one from scratch but this season I plan to try this Blueberry Blackberry Pie recipe. (Check out Joy the Baker because I love her...a lot.)

* Cozy sweaters, plaid skirts, riding boots, and lots and lots of scarves.

* Halloween - the BEST holiday of the year. Costumes + Candy = Perfection. (I am a bit apprehensive this year due to the fact that we live on the 19th floor of a high rise building. It doesn't exactly scream trick-or-treaters so I may have to find alternate plans. Maybe a few pumpkin ales at a local pub will fill the void.)

* All my seasonal decorations are packed away in storage back in MA so I'll have to invest in a few new things this year. I like simplicity and these colorful leaves would be a nice touch to our apartment.


* Images via Pinterest




No comments:

Post a Comment