Sunday, November 4, 2012

Hearts Are Floating For...Owl Cupcakes

Every month at work, two people are selected to battle in a food challenge. We each sample the two creations and vote on the best. But of course, having only two types of food is not enough so everyone brings in a supporting dish. This month's theme was "Spooky Food" in honor of Halloween. Since this was my first month on the job I felt a lot of pressure to make my contribution a success. I finally settled on these Owl Cupcakes and they were a huge hit.


I cheated by using a box mix but I heard no complaints.


Added chocolate frosting.


For the eyes, I split Oreos in half and added a brown Reese's Pieces. 


Getting ready to assemble the cupcakes.


Added the Oreos and an orange Reese's Pieces for the nose...and there you have it...owls.



No comments:

Post a Comment