Monday, February 18, 2013

Hearts Are Floating For...Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies

I don't know what came over me but I got an incredible urge to bake this weekend. It's actually something I love to do and I find it quite therapeutic. Usually a lack of time, kitchen equipment, and expertise hold me back. But this past Sunday, I felt inspired and had the afternoon to indulge in a creative project. I went safe and simple and decided on classic chocolate chip cookies.


Ingredients:

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 sticks butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 package of milk chocolate chips


Directions:

Preheat oven to 375.

Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.

Beat butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in a large bowl until creamy. Add eggs one at a time and beat well. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop a rounded tablespoon onto cookie sheet.

Bake for about 10 minutes - until cookies are golden brown. Cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes and transfer to wire rack (or in my case, a plate).


Lessons learned: I really need an electric mixer. (Well, technically I have one but it's in storage back in MA.) I wasn't able to use the right amount of flour by hand mixing. This resulted in thin, flat cookies. I think they still tasted pretty good though and by the crumbs left on the plate, I think everyone agreed!

No comments:

Post a Comment