Sunday, February 10, 2013

Hearts Are Floating For...Turntable.fm

Move over coffee, I have a new addiction: turntable.fm. This seemingly harmless music website has now consumed  many more hours of my day than I should admit to. And to make matters worse, this is a website I only use during work hours.

Here's how it all started. In my office, we always have music playing but it used to be one person controlled the entire music selection through their iTunes, Spotify, Pandora, etc. Then someone had the brilliant idea of getting us on turntable.fm where everyone signs up as a DJ and starts "spinning" their picks. At first I was a little hesitant to jump in the DJ booth because people can vote your music up or down. But after a few days, I was hooked. Suddenly I am obsessed with searching for new songs. In the car, the grocery store, coffee shop, at home...I'm furiously typing song titles into my iPhone for future reference. And you get a point for every thumbs up on the song your playing which has caused me to develop a bit of a competitive streak.


DJ CallMissy playing Neneh Cherry

I'm queuing up my playlists for next week so I'd love to hear what songs you all think I should play!

No comments:

Post a Comment