Sunday, October 7, 2012

Hearts Are Floating For...Cider Hill Family Orchards

I haven't been apple picking in years and it's one of my favorite fall activities. I was worried that the summer-like temperatures would interfere with the spirit of the day but suddenly there has been a shift of seasons. Our balmy 80 degree temps turned to a cool, crisp 50 degrees. We ventured out of the city and to the farmlands of Kansas to Cider Hill Family Orchards. It was exactly what I had hoped for: hayrides, endless orchards to pick apples, a pumpkin patch, and a fire pit for roasting marshmallows. And of course we finished our day with a cup of hot apple cider from the orchard's store.


A perfect fall day


Billy trying to pick me the perfect apple


Apples, apples everywhere!


I'm waiting for the Great Pumpkin.


Pumpkin Patch


Until next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment